Ways & Means Committee
Monday, September 13, 5:30 pm
via Webex (link to be provided via Agenda)
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMITTEE: WAYS AND MEANS COMMITTEE
PLACE: Webex Conferencing System
DATE: Monday, September 13, 2021
TIME: 5:30 p.m.
To join via computer:
To join via phone:
+1-408-418-9388 United States Toll
Access code: 2634 736 2414
To view the full agenda:
- Call to Order
CHAIR STATEMENT: This meeting is being recorded by the Ways and Means Committee. If any other persons present are doing the same you must notify the chairperson at this time. (Please note: All items listed on this agenda may not be considered or discussed at this meeting and may be addressed at future meetings.)
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes – August 18, 2021.
- Public Comment – Use of (American Rescue Plan Act) ARPA funding and other financial inquires.
- Transfer $10,000 from Reserve Fund to DPW Parks Swim Area Materials to Cover Expenses of the Flooding at the Nash Mill Road recreation area.
- Guidelines as to types and kinds of expenditure allowed for their use.
- Re-visit COVID related expenditures and report of the revolving fund set up in anticipation of COVID receipts.
- Receive information on the CDBG block grant funds, including an explanation on what they are; what fiscal years are open, what balances are out there and criteria for usage.
- Breakdown of Mayor’s discretionary fund for revenue and expenditures from beginning of inception to date.
- Review of what procedures are needed for the allocation of funds.
- Update on the status of the grant writing for the skateboard park.
- Listing of grants currently in use and grant purpose.
- Copies of all PILOT agreements with dollar amounts.
- Copies of all leases, i.e. what city property do we lease out and what leases do we pay out.
- Accounting of all monies expended thus far on the Court Square pilot program including the funding sources and also including the cost of barrier, furniture, fencing, planters and other materials.
- All existing contracts/ letters of understanding on the Coombs Ave purchase.
- Request to the mayor to rescind the 300K authority that was deemed necessary on the Public Health special revenue fund, to offset clinic costs to the city. At the time this was deemed prudent, but I would like to see the authority reset to the original amount of 10K.
- Fundraising efforts of the Library Foundation.
- Current list of grants in use and grant purpose.
- CDBG information (some of this has already been provided.)
- Other business
- Next Meeting – October 19, 2021, 5:30 pm, City Hall Meeting Room, 2nd Floor, or via Webex, if required.
EXECUTIVE SESSION MAY BE CALLED
Please note that the list of topics was comprehensive at the time of posting, however, the public body may consider and take action on unforeseen matters not specifically named in this notice. Posted in accordance with M.G.L.c 30A § 18-25.
Posted to: Town Council