School Committee Meeting
Wednesday, June 9, 6:00 pm
GREENFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS
SCHOOL COMMITTEE MEETING
Wednesday, June 9, 2021, at 6:00 p.m.
This meeting is being held fully remotely in accordance with the Governor of Massachusetts’ March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law G.L. c.30A, Section 20
To join the meeting, copy this link:
Join online with password: XYsWk2x87M6
Live Conference Line: 1-408-418-9388 and enter PIN: ?132 668 8464
- Roll call/Call to order
- Report of the Business Manager
- FY21 budget update
- FY22 budget update
- Approval of minutes: May 12, 2021 and May 18, 2021
- Public Comment
Per School Committee Policy BEDH, Public Comment will be governed by the following rules:
- At the start of each regularly scheduled School Committee meeting, individuals or group representatives will be invited to address the Committee. The Chairperson shall determine the length of the public participation segment.
- Speakers will be allowed three (3) minutes to present their material. The presiding Chairperson may permit extension of this time limit.
- Topics for discussion must be limited to those items listed on the School Committee meeting agenda for that evening.
- Improper conduct and remarks will not be allowed. Defamatory or abusive remarks are always out of order. If a speaker persists in improper conduct or remarks, the Chairperson may terminate that individual’s privilege of address.
- All remarks will be addressed through the Chairperson of the meeting.
- Speakers may offer such objective criticisms of the school operations and programs as concern them, but in public session the Committee will not hear personal complaints of school personnel nor against any member of the school community. Under most circumstances, administrative channels are the proper means for disposition of legitimate complaints involving staff members.
- Written comments longer than three (3) minutes may be presented to the Committee before or after the meeting for the Committee members’ review and consideration at an appropriate time.
- Report of Student Representatives to the School Committee
- Administration Reports
- Interim Superintendent
- Request for trip to Spain, April 15-24, 2022
- Federal Street School Principal appointment
- Year-end calendar/activities
- District communications planning update
- Vote to accept donations: $3000.00 from Steve Lewis Subaru (through AdoptAClassroom.org) to Newton School
- School Committee Reports
- Report of the Chair
- Subcommittee Reports
- Superintendent Search
- Budget & Finance
- FY22 budget will need to be reviewed after City Council vote
- Policy and Program
- Second reading and vote on the following policies:
- EBC-S (COVID-related issues)
- IHBE (Remote Learning)
- JBB (Education Equity)
- JFABD (Homeless students)
- JFABE (Educational opportunities for military children)
- JICH (Drug/alcohol use by students)
- First reading on the following policies and programs:
- IHBAA (Observations of Special Education programs)
- PreVenture proposal for GHS
- Personnel & Collective Bargaining
- Job descriptions recommended for approval
- Assistant Superintendent of Teaching & Learning
- Health, Safety, and Facilities
- Capital projects need to be reviewed
- FY21 Budget report
- Minutes of the May 12, 2021 and May 18, 2021 School Committee Meeting
- Report of the Interim Superintendent
- Job descriptions:
- Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent of Teaching & Learning
- Policies for Second Reading and Vote:
- EBC-S (COVID-related issues), IHBE (Remote Learning), JBB (Education Equity), JFABD (Homeless students), JFABE (Educational opportunities for military children), JICH (Drug/alcohol use by students)
- Policies/Program for First Reading:
- IHBAA (Observations of Special Education programs), PreVenture proposal for GHS
- Vote to enter into Executive Session pursuant to MGL c 30A, §21, (a): (2) To conduct strategy sessions in preparation for negotiations with nonunion personnel or to conduct collective bargaining sessions or contract negotiations with nonunion personnel; (3) To discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining or litigation if an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the bargaining or litigating position of the public body and the chair so declares. The committee will not return to Open Session.
Posted 6.4.21 4:10 p.m.
Posted to: Public Schools