School Committee Meeting
Monday, September 13, 6:00 pm
21 Barr Avenue
GREENFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS
SCHOOL COMMITTEE MEETING
Monday, September 13, 2021
Greenfield High School Library – 21 Barr Avenue
Everyone will be required to wear a mask and maintain social distancing.
- Roll call/Call to order
- Approval of minutes from August 11, 2021 & August 18, 2021
- Public Comment
Per School Committee Policy BEDH, Public Comment will be governed by the following rules:
- At the start of each regularly scheduled School Committee meeting, individuals or group representatives will be invited to address the Committee. The Chairperson shall determine the length of the public participation segment.
- Speakers will be allowed three (3) minutes to present their material. The presiding Chairperson may permit extension of this time limit.
- Topics for discussion must be limited to those items listed on the School Committee meeting agenda for that evening.
- Improper conduct and remarks will not be allowed. Defamatory or abusive remarks are always out of order. If a speaker persists in improper conduct or remarks, the Chairperson may terminate that individual’s privilege of address.
- All remarks will be addressed through the Chairperson of the meeting.
- Speakers may offer such objective criticisms of the school operations and programs as concern them, but in public session the Committee will not hear personal complaints of school personnel nor against any member of the school community. Under most circumstances, administrative channels are the proper means for disposition of legitimate complaints involving staff members.
- Written comments longer than three (3) minutes may be presented to the Committee before or after the meeting for the Committee members’ review and consideration at an appropriate time.
- Report of Student Representatives to the Committee
- Reports of the Administration
- School Business Manager
- Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
- School Committee Reports
- Report of the Chair
- Subcommittee Reports
- Pooled Testing for Athletes
- Superintendent Discretion Regarding COVID Protocols
- District Level Strategic Planning
- Update on Elementary Unified Arts Schedules
- Executive Session - MGL c 30A, §21, (a): (3) To discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining or litigation if an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the bargaining or litigating position of the public body and the chair so declares. The committee will return to Open Session.
- Vote on Custodian/Maintenance Settlement Agreement
- Minutes of August 11, 2021 and August 11, 2021 meetings
- Budget report
- Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning’s report
- Superintendent’s report
Posted 9.9.21 9:15 a.m.
Posted to: Public Schools