Ways & Means FY2023 Budget Meeting
Thursday, April 7, 6:00 pm
via Webex (Link will be posted on the agenda)
A meeting of the City Council
Fiscal Year 2023 Budget Discussions Meeting
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMITTEE: WAYS AND MEANS
PLACE: Webex Conferencing System
DATE: Thursday, April 7, 2022
TIME: 6:00 p.m.
To join via computer:
To join via phone:
+1-408-418-9388 United States Toll
Access code: 2634 187 8552
To view the full agenda:
1. Call to Order
CHAIR STATEMENT: This meeting is being recorded and videotaped by the Ways & Means Committee and GCTV-15. If any other persons present are doing the same you must notify the chairperson at this time.
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes - None
- Public Hearing - None
- Motions –
- FY2023 Capital Budget Deliberations & Recommendations
- Approve a 4 to 6 year lease/purchase agreement for two (2) Standard Utility Vehicles (SUV) Not to Exceed $99,000.
- Appropriate $25,000 from 8402 Capital Stabilization for an ADA Architectural Study of City Hall.
- Appropriate $40,000 from 8402 Capital Stabilization for a Health Department Vehicle.
- Appropriate $1,848,900 for Upgrades to the Police Station.
- Appropriate $275,000 for Main Street Reconstruction (B2 Engineering).
- Appropriate $200,000 for the Highway Fund.
- Appropriate $25,000 from 8402 Capital Stabilization for the Engineering Mill Street Bridge Repairs.
- Appropriate $136,000 for Sidewalks.
- Appropriate $60,000 for the Mill and Overlay Paving Phase I of Legion Avenue Parking Lot.
- Appropriate $285,000 to Purchase a Curbside Trash Collection Truck.
- Appropriate $95,000 to Design a Replacement for Shelburne Road Culvert.
- Appropriate $50,000 from 8402 Capital Stabilization (1/3 Share) to Purchase a Roadside Mower.
- Appropriate $42,000 from 8402 Capital Stabilization to Update Fire Suppression System at Transfer Station.
- Appropriate $80,000 from 8402 Capital Stabilization for Repairs to the Sanderson Street Building.
- Appropriate $60,000 from 8402 Capital Stabilization to Purchase Used Bucket Truck.
- Appropriate $40,000 from 8402 Capital Stabilization for an Inspection Department Vehicle.
- Appropriate $100,000 from 8402 Capital Stabilization to Purchase Teacher and Student Desktops.
- Appropriate $75,000 from 8402 Capital Stabilization for Paving at the Federal Street School.
- Appropriate $100,000 for Equipment and Related Costs for GCET’s Municipal Light Plan Telecommunications System Expansion.
- Appropriate $55,000 from FY21 Sewer Retained Earnings (1/3 Share) to Purchase a Roadside Mower.
- Appropriate $150,000 for Sewer Upgrades, Repairs and Replacement for Reconstruction of West Street Rehab Phase 2.
- Appropriate $90,000 from FY21 Sewer Retained Earnings to Replace Ford F-350 Truck #15
- Appropriate $500,000 for Sewer Inflow and Infiltration Repairs and Replacement as Identified in the Wright-Pierce Sewer System Evaluation Survey.
- Appropriate $100,000 from FY21 Water Retained Earnings for Water Main Replacement.
- Appropriate $125,000 to Replace Millbrook Wellfield PH System.
- Appropriate $175,000 to Replace Oak Hill Actuator and Controls.
- Appropriate $105,000 to Replace Rocky Mountain Tank Valves.
- Appropriate $100,000 from FY21 Water Retained Earning for Phase II of the West Street Rehab Project.
- Appropriate $55,000 from FY21 Water Retained Earnings (1/3 Share) to Purchase a Roadside Mower.
- Other business
- Next FY2023 Budget meeting Monday, April 11, 2022, 6:00 pm, via Webex.
- Executive Presentation of FY2023 Operating Budget
EXECUTIVE SESSION MAY BE CALLED
Please note that the list of topics was comprehensive at the time of posting, however, the public body may consider and take action on unforeseen matters not specifically named in this notice. Posted in accordance with M.G.L.c 30A § 18-25.
Posted to: City Council