Mayor's Task Force on Domestic Violence

Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 1:00 pm until 2:00 pm
Town Hall 2nd Floor Meeting Room
A meeting of the Mayor's Task Force Against Domestic Violence

NOTICE OF MEETING

COMMITTEE: Domestic Violence Task Force

PLACE: Town Hall Meeting Room

DATE: June 6, 2018

TIME: 1:00 p.m.

AGENDA:

  1. Call to Order

CHAIRMAN STATEMENT: If any person present is recording this meeting you must notify the chairperson at this time.

  1. Roll Call

  1. Follow-up discussion on spending regular fund and gift funds

  1. Fall programming ideas

  1. Next Meeting

  1. Adjournment

EXECUTIVE SESSION MAY BE CALLED

Please note that the list of topics was comprehensive at the time of posting, however, the public body may consider and take action on unforeseen matters not specifically named in this notice. Posted in accordance with M.G.L.c 30A § 18-25.

MINUTES

The meeting was called to order at 1:03 p.m.

Members present: Mary Kociela, Irene Woods, Ilana Gerguoy, and Otis Wheeler.

Members/Alternates absent: Mark Williams, Karen Friedman. Joanne Leonard.

Mary had collected information on the different options discussed at the last meeting. There are two pots of money: $500 in the regular fund to be spent by June 30th and $1452.00 in a gift fund with no expiration. The group discussed several options for spending both pots of money including gift cards for a night’s stay in a hotel for victims at the hospital, purchasing posters to distribute around town, purchasing pin wheels for the kids for next year’s flag raising event and hiring a graphic designer and renting billboards to display results of a social norms campaign.

The group decided to utilize the regular funds of $500 to purchase 250 pin wheels and 100 posters (teens, adults and Spanish) with 3 X 5 inch labels to incorporate local resource numbers on the posters. Otis made a motion as such, stipulating that we not spend more than $500. It was seconded by Ilana and passed unanimously. Mary will talk with Karen about purchasing the pin wheels and posters before June 30th. In regard to the gift funds, Mary will follow-up with Elizabeth to get direction on the hotel voucher idea. The new 2018/2019 funds will be used for the social norms campaign

Meetings

Mary asked what the group wanted to do about meeting in the summer. She suggested taking July off and August off. It was decided that the next meeting will be September 12, 2018. The agenda will include wording on the labels, distribution of the posters, finalizing the website and moving forward with a social norms campaign.

The meeting adjourned at 1:45 p. m.

Respectfully Submitted,

Mary A. Kociela

Chair, Mayor’s Task force

Posted to: Domestic Violence Task Force