WHAT WE DO
The Department of Central Maintenance administers corrective, preventive, and planned maintenance for the city of Greenfield’s facilities including building envelope, interior finishes, mechanical / electrical / plumbing systems, support facilities, and permanent equipment. Skilled tradespeople staff Central Maintenance; their goal is to work in partnership with department heads and facilities within the city of Greenfield to:
- Ensure the health and safety of the residents and visitors of Greenfield by complying with federal, state, and local codes and regulations applicable to facilities.
- Support the overall mission of the city by maintaining existing facilities and building systems.
- Administer a building asset database of building systems and fixed equipment for the purpose of budgeting for and planning maintenance projects.
- Minimize life cycle maintenance expenses while optimizing value received on maintenance investments.
- Be available for on-call, 24-7 emergencies and have a back up plan in place.