The Engineering Division is responsible for:
- Providing technical support to DPW projects, construction contracts and water/sewer works projects;
- Providing general engineering services to a number of city departments, boards, and commissions including Building Inspections, Conservation Commission, Planning Board, and Zoning Board.
This work includes:
- Preparation of plans, specifications, and bidding documents for various construction projects involving the town infrastructure;
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations relative to bidding contracts and the procurement of services;
- Overseeing and administering contracts and construction inspections;
- Responding to citizen inquiries; and
- Reviewing plans for new projects.
Engineering also oversees:
- Construction inspection services,
- Plan records maintenance,
- Utility locations (markings), and