Veterans' Services (Upper Pioneer Valley District)
|WHAT WE DO
The Upper Pioneer Valley Veterans' Service District advocates for veterans and their spouses, dependents, widows, or widowers for veterans' benefits on the local, state and federal levels. We do this by assisting in obtaining federal benefits which can include:
- Filing for Mass General Law Ch. 115 financial assistance for qualified individuals.
- Filing for state annuity for 100%-service-connect veterans.
- Filing for property tax exemptions.
- Referral services for areas regarding homelessness, health, education, and employment.
- Archival of discharges for district veterans.
- Referral and assistances for discharge upgrade requests.
- Assistants for Certificate of Release of Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214) corrections.
- SHINE counselor assistance.
SATELLITE LOCATIONS & HOURS
- ASHFIELD: second Thursday of the month from from 1 - 3 p.m. at the Ashfield Town Hall.
- BERNARDSTON: fourth Monday of the month from 3 - 4 p.m. at the Bernardston Senior Center (suspended until further notice).
- BUCKLAND: first and third Tuesdays of the month from 9 - 11 a.m. at the Buckland Town Hall (suspended until further notice).
- DEERFIELD: third Wednesday of the month from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. at the Deerfield Town Hall.
- ERVING: first Wednesday of the month from 1 - 3 p.m. at the Erving Senior Center.
- MONTAGUE: first and third Wednesday of the month from 9 - 11 a.m. at the Montague Senior Center.
- NORTHFIELD: fourth Tuesday of the month from 9 - 11 a.m. at the Northfield Town Hall.
• Ashfield • Bernardston • Buckland • Charlemont • Colrain • Conway • Deerfield • Erving • Gill • Greenfield • Hawley • Heath • Leverett • Leyden • Monroe • Montague • New Salem • Northfield • Plainfield • Rowe • Shelburne • Shutesbury • Sunderland • Warwick • Wendell • Whately