Office of the Mayor, (413) 772-1560
14 Court Square, Room 201, Greenfield, MA 01301
Meeting Schedule: Meetings are generally held the fourth Thursday of each month at the Greenfield City Hall, 2nd Floor Meeting Room at 7:00 p.m.
No meetings currently scheduled.
4 of 5 seats. 3 years each seat.
- Nathanial Hussey, Chair. December, 2024.
- Denise Leonard. December, 2022.
- Robert Sagor. December, 2022.
- Alyssa Grace Villareal Bauer. June, 2023.
(Adopted by the Greenfield Town Council on March 21, 2007)
Chapter 128: Section 1A.
§ 34-39. Duties and Responsibilities.
Said Commission members once appointed shall:
- Serve as facilitators for encouraging the pursuit of agriculture in Greenfield
- Act as educators in matters of farming
- Promote agricultural-based economic opportunities in Town
- Inform and advise the Mayor, Town Council, and Town boards and commissions on projects and activities involving agricultural land in town.
- Engage in projects and activities to promote the business of farming, farming practices, activities and tradition, and farmland protection in town.
- Advocate for the “right to farm” but not engage in land use planning or zoning that was the right by statute of any other municipal department or agency
§ 34-40. Appointments; Terms: Filling of Vacancies.
- The Commission shall consist of five (5) members appointed by the Mayor.
- All members shall be Greenfield residents. Whenever possible members should be involved in farming in this community or have some background/knowledge of agricultural pursuits in Greenfield.
- Two members shall be appointed for a term of three years.
- Two members shall be appointed for a term of two years, and three years thereafter.
- One member shall be appointed for a term of one year, and three years thereafter.
- The Mayor shall fill a vacancy based on the unexpired term of the vacancy in order to maintain the cycle of appointments.
The mission of the Greenfield Agricultural Commission is to preserve Greenfield agricultural heritage, encourage the preservation of agricultural land and resources, support local farmers and sustainable agricultural practices, raise public awareness of Greenfield agriculture, and better integrate our local farms and farm products into the larger Greenfield community
- Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 07:00 PM -- Town Hall 2nd Floor Meeting Room
- Thu, May 17, 2018 at 07:00 PM -- Town Hall 2nd Floor Meeting Room
- Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 07:00 PM -- Green Fields Market Meeting Room
- Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 07:00 PM -- Town Hall 2nd Floor Meeting Room
- Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 07:00 PM -- Town Hall 2nd Floor Meeting Room
- Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 07:00 PM
- Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 07:00 PM -- Town Hall 2nd Floor Meeting Room
- Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 07:00 PM -- Town Hall 2nd Floor Meeting Room
- Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 07:00 PM -- Town Hall 2nd Floor Meeting Room
- Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 07:00 PM -- Town Hall, 2nd Floor Meeting Room
- Show 5 More...