WHAT WE DO
Agricultural Commission Meeting Schedule: No meetings are currently scheduled.
The Agricultural Commission's duties include:
- Serving as facilitators for encouraging the pursuit of agriculture in Greenfield.
- Acting as educators in matters of farming.
- Promoting agricultural-based economic opportunities in Greenfield.
- Informing and advising the Mayor, City Council, and city boards and commissions on projects and activities involving agricultural land in Greenfield.
- Engaging in projects and activities to promote the business of farming, farming practices, activities and tradition, and farmland protection in Greenfield.
- Advocating for the right to farm but not engage in land use planning or zoning that is the right, by statute, of any other municipal department or agency.
|Five seats / Three-year terms
|All members shall be Greenfield residents. Whenever possible, members should be involved in farming in this community or have some background/knowledge of agricultural pursuits in Greenfield.