Board of Health
WHAT WE DO
The Board of Health is responsible for making health policy for the City of Greenfield, including:
- Creating new policy and regulation to protect the public and the environment (e.g., tobacco, plastic bag, and styrofoam regulation).
- Suggesting topics they would like to see addressed and investigated by the Health Department.
- Holding public hearings on existing policies and regulations.
- Hearing variance requests for existing policies and regulations.
- Overseeing inspections to maintain minimum standards for sanitation in housing and food service.
- Reviewing paperwork submitted by the Commonwealth regarding environmental hazards and providing guidance as needed.
The Board of Health provides oversight of the Health Department. The Health Department is the enforcement arm of the Board of Health.
The Board of Health meets monthly at least once and a second time if needed. Please check the calendar for scheduled meeting information, including agendas.
|BOARD OF HEALTH|
|Three seats (one a physician or other licensed qualified health care professional) / Three-year terms|
|Samantha McIver chair||December 2024|
|Carrie Mimitz||December 2025|
|John Romano, MD||June 2026|
|Staff Contact: Health Department / 413-772-1404, ext. 2103||20 Sanderson St., Greenfield, MA 01301|
Greenfield's medical director is Timothy Lepore, MD.