Parking & Traffic Commission
WHAT WE DO
The Parking Commission responsibilities include:
Advising the Mayor on matters related to the regulation of street traffic, parking, parking meters, traffic accident prevention, traffic lights, and signage.
Applying for grants and funds, with Mayoral approval, to conduct research and gather factual-based evidence for its recommendations.
Reporting its recommendations to the Mayor annually, and in even-numbered years, reporting to the Mayor and City Council the condition of the City’s parking and circulation as follows:
- The quantity of revenue generating meters.
- The revenue generated by those meters in sum year-to-date, annually and by meter per day.
- The quantity of malfunctioning meters.
- The amount of revenue generated by paid parking ticket violations.
- The amount of revenue lost to non-metered parking spaces.
- The amount of revenue unpaid from parking ticket violations.
- The amount of revenue generated by fines, court actions, prepaid parking permits, and any other parking-related revenue.
- The cost to maintain meters and space enforce parking regulations and collect revenue.
- The number of parking meter spaces that accommodate handicapped individuals and vehicles.
The Parking & Traffic Commission operates under Chapter 160 of the City Charter.
The commission usually meets on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 5 p.m. via Zoom. Please check the calendar for scheduled meeting information, including agendas and Zoom links.
|PARKING & TRAFFIC COMMISSION|
|Five seats / Five-year terms|
|Sebastian Gutwein, chair||December 2025|
|Jim Geisman||December 2023|
|George Gohl||June 2026|
|Jeff Sauser||December 2023|
|Jean Wall||December 2025|
|Staff contact: Danielle Letourneau / 413-772-1560||14 Court Sq., Greenfield, MA 01301|