Court Square Seasonal Setup to Return
Starting Tuesday, April 18, Court Square will again be closed to vehicular traffic to make way for a seasonal pedestrian plaza and a full schedule of events continuing through October. Movable planters will be used to close off Court Square between Main Street and Newton Place. Traffic will still be able to access the parking lot behind City Hall from Main Street at Veterans Memorial Mall and from Bank Row by way of Newton Place.
Events scheduled for Court Square and the Common this season include:
- Meltdown Children’s Book and Music Festival, presented by WRSI The River – April 22
- The Greenfield Farmers’ Market every Saturday starting April 29
- Greenfield Recreation Department’s Cornhole Tournament – May 6
- Greenfield Bee Fest - May 20
- Annual Harvest Supper Celebration - August 26
Other events still in the planning stages will feature food, live music, dancing and youth activities. Court Square will also serve as a pick-up area for shuttle buses for the Green River Festival June 23-25.
Those who are interested in planning a community event on Court Square can visit greenfield-ma.gov/courtsquare for information on reserving the space.