Downtown Greenfield Rapid Recovery Program Final Presentation
August 31st at 5:00 PM via Zoom - We look forward to seeing you!
Click here for more information >>
Click here for the final report >>
See information on Phase 1 of the project here >>
RURAL INNOVATION CENTERS - Greenfield Community College – LaunchSpace –City of Greenfield
A planning process is underway for GCC to evolve their Downtown Center into a Rural Innovation Center. The Rural Innovation Center will be rooted in education, intergenerational relationship building, health and wellness, and economic development/entrepreneurship. (Workforce development programs will also continue to be housed in the center). Two primary partners in this endeavor include LaunchSpace, a nonprofit makerspace and incubator located in the North Quabbin and the Franklin County CDC. These partners recently received a grant from the Massachusetts Office of Budget Development that allowed them to contract with the Center for Rural Innovation (CORI) to conduct an assessment of Greenfield and Franklin County’s Digital Economy Ecosystem and readiness for expansion. The report identifies Franklin County's core strengths, assets and challenges as the region seeks to leverage the extraordinary resources available to grow high wage earning jobs. We will be contemplating next steps in the coming weeks and welcome feedback about the report. For more information contact Judy Raper (email@example.com) at Greenfield Community College
- Downtown Greenfield Local Rapid Recovery
- Phase 1- Business Survey - click here >> for press release
- Report on Phase 1 - A Deliberate Downtown: Growing by Design Post COVID-19 held May 27, 2021 - click here >> for the powerpoint or click here >> to watch the presentation
- Comments/feedback on the May 27th information welcome - Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 14th.
- Urban Agenda Summer Youth Employment
Interested youth (age 16-24) can contact MassHire to get an application.
- Greenfield Downtown Business District Assessment and Market Analysis
- Report to inform the Downtown Revitalization Plan Update & Future Revitalization Activities (click here >> to read the report)
MJ Adams, Director
Lindsay Rowe, Community Development Administrator
Christian LaPlante, Grant Program Assistant
City Hall, 14 Court Square
Greenfield, MA 01301
||324 Main Street, Greenfield
The City of Greenfield’s Community and Economic Development Department (CEDD) seeks to improve the quality of life in Greenfield with a focus on increasing economic opportunities for our community and enhancing the prosperity of our citizens by encouraging investments and job creation.
- Facilitate the expansion and retention of existing business.
- Market the assets of the City and the region to attract new investment and stimulate employment.
- Identify additional opportunities for industrial and commercial development.
- Revitalization of the City’s downtown business district.
- Support improvement in the quality of life, with a special focus on low/moderate income neighborhoods.
Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG)
The Community and Economic Development Department adminsters CDBG funding. CDBG funds are targeted federal funds to support activities that
1) improve the quality of life of Greenfield's low/moderate income people; or
2) address slum/blight conditions.
Current CDBG funded activities include:
Greenfield Housing Rehabiliation Program - provides 0% deferred loans to make critical property improvements to homes/apartments occupied by low/moderate income households. Click here>> for the Housing Rehab Program brochure. Click here>> for the full application packet.
Public Facilities/Infrastructure Projects - Lunt Field ADA improvements, Sidewalks, Garage Pocket Park.
Commercial Improvement Project: First National Bank Redevelopment
Public Social Services - Center for Self-Reliance Food Panty, Aging Well Program at Senior Center
A summary of CDBG funded activities can be found here >>
Posted: Thu, Oct 22, 2015 02:26 PM
Updated Fri, Sep 17, 2021 12:00 AM