How do I apply for service-connected disability compensation from the Department of Veterans Affairs?

Monetary benefits are paid to veterans who are disabled by disease or injury incurred or aggravated during military service and in the line of duty. For disabilities not related to one's service, benefits are called "VA improved pensions" or Disability Pensions. Application for either benefit should be filed on a VA form 21-256EZ, available through this office. To access the VA web site, click here . The address is the Department of Veterans Affairs, JFK Federal Building, Boston, MA. 02203. The VA is a federal agency.

Appears in: Veteran Services FAQs

Calendar of Events
Thu, Dec 8, 2022, 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Remote via Zoom
Posted to: Disability Access
Thu, Dec 8, 2022, 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Historical Commission -- SCHEDULED
Thu, Dec 8, 2022, 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
John Zon Community Center, 35 Pleasant Street