How can I find out if there are wetlands on my property?

The Town does not have parcel by parcel wetland mapping. In order to determine whether or not there are wetland resource areas on your property a site inspection is required. You can schedule a site visit with the Conservation Agent, who is the Agent for the Conservation Commission. For this initial site inspection, the role of the Conservation Agent is only to let you know if there are wetlands on the property or if further investigation is necessary and not to delineate wetland boundaries in the field. A professional wetland consultant is required for this. To get a list of local wetland consultants, you can contact the Conservation Agent at (413) 772- 1548 ext. 131

Appears in: Planning & Development FAQs

Calendar of Events
Tue, Jan 31, 2023, 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
John Zon Community Center, 35 Pleasant St. Greenfield, MA 01301
Wed, Feb 1, 2023, 12:00 pm