WHAT WE DO
Duties of the City Clerk are prescribed by Massachusetts General Laws, City Ordinances, Home Rule Charter, and the Code of Massachusetts regulations. These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Keeping and maintaining of all records of births, deaths and marriages occurring in Greenfield.
- Election officers responsible for conducting all municipal, state and federal elections for the City.
- Administering oaths to elected and appointed officials.
- Administrating voter registration and requests for ballots.
- Conducting the annual local census.
- Issuing dog and kennel licenses.
- The City Clerk is also the clerk to the Greenfield City Council.
- Issuing business certificates and raffle permits.
- Providing an integral link between the general public and local government by posting municipal meeting notices.
- Serving as Records Access Officer, also known as an RAO, for the majority of municipal offices.
The City of Greenfield has a secure drop box by the side door where you can leave any municipal mail. The drop box is fully accessible around the clock.
|CLERK'S & CITY COUNCIL OFFICE HOURS
|Dog License||Intact male / female||$15|
|Spayed / neutered||$10|
|Kennel License||4 to 6 dogs||$50|
|7 - 9 dogs||$75|
|10 or more dogs||$100|
|Business Certificate||New / renewal||$25|
|Discontinuance / Changes||$10|
|Raffle Permit||Permit info here. Call for guidance at 413-772-1555, ext. 6162.||$20 (check preferred)|
|Amendments for Certificates||$40|
|Notary / Witness Fee||Per document / signature||$5 (cash only)|
|Street Listing Guide||$15|
|Hunting & Fishing Licenses||No longer issued at City Hall but are available online here.|