Dog Licenses Available to Purchase
• All renewals and new dog licenses must be submitted with proof of rabies and spray/neuter.
• If this is your first time licensing a “new-to-you” dog when you submit proof of rabies please know that it is important to show the chain of custody for ownership of the dog. As an example, the rabies paperwork should either have your name as owner or the dogs name on the rabies certificate should be the same as your request to license. If you have any questions relating to the chain of custody, please call the City Clerk’s office at 413-772-1555.
• Households with more than three dogs must acquire a kennel license. Please contact the Planning Department to begin this process.
• The cost for each dog license is $10 for spayed/neutered dogs or $15 for unaltered dogs. Checks/money orders should be made payable to the City of Greenfield.
• As of June 1, there will be a $25 late fee assessed per dog if registration is late.
Residents can obtain a dog license through three methods:
• In person: Dog Licenses may be obtained in person at the City Clerk's Office, Room 104, City Hall, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., other than posted holidays. The application for a dog license can be found here.
• By mail: Please use the request form you can download here. Send your request in writing with proof of rabies and spay/neuter, payment, and a self-addressed, stamped envelope (or add $1 for postage and envelope) to City Clerk's Office, 14 Court Sq., Greenfield, MA 01301.
• Online: You can order your dog's license online here. Online orders will include a processing fee and $1 for postage. If you are having trouble logging in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you have any additional questions throughout the dog license process, please contact the City Clerk’s office at 413-772-1555.